Originally built in 1880, Winton Chapel recently celebrated it’s 135th anniversary. As part of the University of Winchester campus, the chapel plays a key role in University life and hosts a multitude of events including music concerts and war memorial services.
Over the decades, the growth of the University campus has encroached on the space around the existing chapel. As part of Design Engine’s masterplan for the University, the chapel has been extended and renovated to respond to the ever-changing needs of the campus.
When approaching the interior aesthetic, Design Engine wanted an ironmongery solution to complement the existing oak structures whilst providing a modern form. Allgood were ideally place to provide the exclusive Holt range of oak door furniture. Crafted from hand selected FSC accredited oak, the range enhances the warm, natural feel of the chapel.
At the request of Design Engine Architects, Holt pull handles were specified on the glass entry doors and supplied throughout the building, perfectly augmenting the interior.